If you are looking for a career in the computer animation field, we hope we can help.
This site is dedicated to providing information about modern animation classes at schools either at a campus near you as well as convenient online courses and degree programs.
Computer animation is basically the process of using a computer to create the appearance of moving or still images. It has developed into a subset of different disciplines — computer graphics, animation and visual effects.
For the most part, computer animation is still animation, but just with some new, fancy tools. The difference between today’s digital animator and yesterday’s drawing on paper animator is the tool they use.
Digital animation can be developed into either two dimensional or three dimensional graphics. Two dimensional work is used for low-bandwidth projects and fast rendering. Three dimensional (3D) animation takes the process one step further, allowing for better looking projects, but are slower to produce and require more bandwidth.
A good computer animator will possess the skills of a graphic designer and a computer software professional. Computer graphics professionals need to have both technology knowledge and creative skill.
This type of animation is used extensively in film and television, computer games, and on the Web. Producers of movies and television prefer to use animated techniques because they are less expensive and more controllable than real life scenes with extras and crowds or constructing miniatures or elaborate sets. Often, certain scenes couldn’t be produced with any other technology or than digital animation. When it comes to cost, a single graphic artist can often produce elaborate content without the use of actors or expensive sets.
Daily work for a designer typically involves working with software programs to produce original digital images or to reproduce images drawn by hand into a digital format.
A diploma or degree in this field will typically give you the necessary knowledge you need to start your career. You will learn drawing and the principles of color, shading and perspective. You will learn the essential software programs. You will work on the fundamentals of animation, texture mapping and motion capture, along with the differences between digital and real life and how that impacts the objects, characters and scenes in the virtual environments that you work in.
A computer animator is a specialist in a valued field, so average salaries are pretty good. If you can learn the job and produce good work, you can earn a good salary and have a nice career.
Good luck to you in whatever you decide and whatever career field you go into.
Here are some schools to check out:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Classes start on August 16
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Media Arts & Animation (BA)
- Computer Animation (BFA)
- Computer Animation (MFA)
- And more...
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Digital Cinematography, Bachelor of Science
- And more...
- Learn to develop, coordinate, & execute successful design strategies at Keiser
- Produce graphic design solutions in a variety of state-of-the-industry mediums
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Graphic Arts and Design
- Associate of Science in Video Game Design
- Bachelor of Science in Animation and Game Design
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design