If you are looking for a career in the computer animation field, we hope we can help.
This site is dedicated to providing information about modern animation classes at schools either at a campus near you as well as convenient online courses and degree programs.
Computer animation is basically the process of using a computer to create the appearance of moving or still images. It has developed into a subset of different disciplines — computer graphics, animation and visual effects.
For the most part, computer animation is still animation, but just with some new, fancy tools. The difference between today’s digital animator and yesterday’s drawing on paper animator is the tool they use.
Digital animation can be developed into either two dimensional or three dimensional graphics. Two dimensional work is used for low-bandwidth projects and fast rendering. Three dimensional (3D) animation takes the process one step further, allowing for better looking projects, but are slower to produce and require more bandwidth.
A good computer animator will possess the skills of a graphic designer and a computer software professional. Computer graphics professionals need to have both technology knowledge and creative skill.
This type of animation is used extensively in film and television, computer games, and on the Web. Producers of movies and television prefer to use animated techniques because they are less expensive and more controllable than real life scenes with extras and crowds or constructing miniatures or elaborate sets. Often, certain scenes couldn’t be produced with any other technology or than digital animation. When it comes to cost, a single graphic artist can often produce elaborate content without the use of actors or expensive sets.
Daily work for a designer typically involves working with software programs to produce original digital images or to reproduce images drawn by hand into a digital format.
A diploma or degree in this field will typically give you the necessary knowledge you need to start your career. You will learn drawing and the principles of color, shading and perspective. You will learn the essential software programs. You will work on the fundamentals of animation, texture mapping and motion capture, along with the differences between digital and real life and how that impacts the objects, characters and scenes in the virtual environments that you work in.
A computer animator is a specialist in a valued field, so average salaries are pretty good. If you can learn the job and produce good work, you can earn a good salary and have a nice career.
Good luck to you in whatever you decide and whatever career field you go into.
Here are some schools to check out:
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, and visual messaging
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Digital Cinematography, Bachelor of Science
- And more...
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway
- Design, media arts, fashion, and culinary programs available, with over 50 locations nationwide
- Designated Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources needed to learn
- Media Arts and Animation (BFA)
- Visual Effects & Motion Graphics (BFA)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!